Do I need a contractor's license?
If you desire to do business with the District by providing services such as landscaping, roof repair, HVAC repair, etc. you will need a current and valid contractor's license issued by the California State Contractor's Licensing Board for the type of work you will be doing. We check the CSLB website to verify the current status of your license. If you are not listed on the state website and we are unable to verify your license, the District will not initiate a business relationship with you.

Show All Answers

1. What does the District do?
2. How do I become a vendor for the District?
3. Do I need a Business License to conduct business with the District?
4. How are purchases solicited?
5. How does the procurement process work?
6. Do I need a contractor's license?
7. I am a professional in “XYZ” field. Do I need a license?
8. What are Prevailing Wages and how does it affect doing business with the District?
9. What are the DIR registration requirements for work on any District public works projects?
10. What is an authorized purchase?
11. How will I receive a Purchase Order?
12. What do I do when I receive a purchase order?
13. What about gifts and gratuities?
14. How do I get paid?
15. Are there any insurance requirements?
16. What are the District’s safety concerns?