I am a professional in “XYZ” field. Do I need a license?
If you represent yourself as an expert in your field such as Architect, Surveyor, Industrial Hygienist or Accountant, we will be looking for a Certification and/or License as appropriate for your industry/field to conduct business. Examples of such Certifications include, but are not limited to Certified Public Accountant (CPA); Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH); and, Registered Professional Engineer (RPE). Other areas require not only a Contractor’s License, but may also require specialized licenses such as a Pest Control Qualified Applicator’s License (QAL).

Show All Answers

1. What does the District do?
2. How do I become a vendor for the District?
3. Do I need a Business License to conduct business with the District?
4. How are purchases solicited?
5. How does the procurement process work?
6. Do I need a contractor's license?
7. I am a professional in “XYZ” field. Do I need a license?
8. What are Prevailing Wages and how does it affect doing business with the District?
9. What are the DIR registration requirements for work on any District public works projects?
10. What is an authorized purchase?
11. How will I receive a Purchase Order?
12. What do I do when I receive a purchase order?
13. What about gifts and gratuities?
14. How do I get paid?
15. Are there any insurance requirements?
16. What are the District’s safety concerns?